FORUMS: list search recent posts

"OK" grated on Daynamic Link

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amanda Harrington
"OK" grated on Daynamic Link
on Oct 25, 2018 at 5:42:50 pm

So...
I've made the necessary 2019 updates to Premiere, Media Encoder, and After Effects. I have converted my previous files so they are functional with the current versions of those programs. Now I am trying to make a dynamic link between the in After Effects pro with the Premiere file. Everything was working until the forced update. When I get to this point, the window says it connects to the dynamic server, and it looks like I should be able to select the project. However, the OK is grayed out, and I can't select it. What are thoughts about how to fix this?

Both projects, and the dynamic link, we're working compatible before the update.

Return to posts index

Amanda Harrington
Re: "OK" grated on Daynamic Link
on Oct 25, 2018 at 5:54:43 pm

And yes, I already tried restarting After Effects with freshly deleted preferences.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: "OK" grayed on Dynamic Link
on Oct 25, 2018 at 6:00:27 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Oct 25, 2018 at 6:02:04 pm

Any time Adobe comes out with a new version, you can count on:
  • new features
  • existing features that worked just fine in previous versions don't work now
  • spending a TON of time tracking down the problem

So if you don't want to be bothered with troubleshooting, just revert to the version that worked, and wait for someone else to go through Hell to find the solution.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: "OK" grated on Daynamic Link
on Oct 25, 2018 at 7:05:36 pm

Are you able to go to File>import and pick the Adobe Premiere Pro Project option from that flyout menu? I know it's not exactly what you're trying to do, but it's a troubleshooting step (it's also the way I prefer to work, but that's another discussion because whether or not it's the best option for you really depends on what work you're doing).

Also, try opening your Premiere Project in CC 2019, saving it in a different folder with a new name and try using the Dynamic Link option again.

When you say, "forced update", what do you mean? Who made you update? If someone is in the middle of a project, I usually recommend they stick with the versions they are currently using and only try the new versions out when they start a new project. (Unless the newer version has features they need or fixes major bugs they were struggling with...)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: "OK" grayed on Dynamic Link
on Oct 25, 2018 at 8:23:21 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Oct 25, 2018 at 10:41:18 pm

[Michael Szalapski] "When you say, "forced update", what do you mean? Who made you update?"

The screen shot indicates it's Win 10.
I'm pretty sure there's a way to turn off the Win 10 auto-update thing -- my work machine Win 10 hasn't updated in the past 3 months.... well, I haven't SEEN it auto-update, let's say that. I can ask our IT Lady about it.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]