FORUMS: list search recent posts

After effects preview keeps going black or freezing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Icaro Gabriel
After effects preview keeps going black or freezing
on Oct 23, 2018 at 2:03:30 pm

Ok so this is just the most irritating thing i ran into in all my years of editing. For some reason, after like 2 or 3 minutes of normal editting, after effects preview window keeps going black or freezing every minute or so. I can interact with the buttons and move stuff around and i can even see the layer guides and all, but the preview window is just stuck on a frame or its just black, i've tried purging the ram when that happens but it doesnt do anything, and then it takes like 2 minutes for it to come back and the exact same thing happens again. I really dont know what to do anymore with this, anyone has got any ideia?

Things i've tried:
Updating my video drivers (which actually made things worse, i think)
Purging all ram and disk cache (multiple times)
Changing the project settings render tab from gpu to software (on gpu mode, the problem happens a lot more than on software mode, but software mode is just sooo much slower that its almost impossible to work with it, and the problem still happens here too so yeah...)
AE version im using: CC2018
Plugins i have installed:

Saphire
Twixtor
Element 3d
Optical flares
Particular

My specs:
gpu: amd rx470
cpu: ryzen 5 2600
16gbs of ram
MB: ASUS A320M-K/B
no ssd (never was much of an issue for me before, and after effects has always worked normally with my hdd, im only having this problem now.)

If anyone has any ideia how to fix this, please let me know.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]