FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to stretch a few layers on timeline?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russell Black
How to stretch a few layers on timeline?
on Oct 23, 2018 at 1:32:19 pm

Is it possible to stretch several selected layers so that they do not overlap one another and be placed one after another? Or I need to calculate the duration each time. Divide the length of the composition into 4 text layers in this case. It takes a lot of time.

P. S.: I know about the "Keyframe Assistant" but it works a bit not as I need it. It saves the length of the layer, and I need the layers to fit in the length of the composition. For example, I have 4 layers and composition for 20 seconds, so I need that each layer becomes 5 seconds. And the "Keyframe Assistant" works like this: 4 layers stack one after another, and goes beyond the composition, that is, 4 layers * 20 seconds each = 80 seconds.

Also I can Pre-compose and time remap, but it's so difficult to navigate with transitions, etc.
Is there an option I do not know about?
Thank you!

What I have in the beginning

What I have when stretch few layers:

What I need:

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How to stretch a few layers on timeline?
on Oct 24, 2018 at 4:04:50 am

Oh, for heaven's sake. Just do your arithmetic and auto sequnce the layers.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: How to stretch a few layers on timeline?
on Oct 24, 2018 at 5:47:03 am

You can also precomp the those layers and then stretch the outer comp as single entity. Depending on what you are doing in that inner precomp you may need to use the "Continuously Rasterize" button (he little sun icon just to the right of the layer name) in the outer comp.

Keep in mind that if those layers are footage, some ways of stretching them don't render the missing frames (from expanding the time) well and others can do a fairly decent job. Time Stretch and Enable time Remapping can only do so much interpolation whereas the time warp can "invent" the missing frames (within limits). Also older versions of AE don't have interpolation features in the remapping algorithms. (but the Time Warp effect does)

If those layers are animated elements, AE will interpolate all the keyframes correctly so that all motion and transformations are smooth even though you have increased the time they happen over, even in the outer comp where technically no keyframes exist.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]