FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera tracking to replace 3 IP posters in moving shot and not sure how to go about it.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Arthur
Camera tracking to replace 3 IP posters in moving shot and not sure how to go about it.
on Oct 23, 2018 at 1:05:31 am

I'm very frustrated right now and hopefully someone can help. I am not an expert AE user but also not a newbie so with that said I have been hired by an inexperienced filmmaker to remove IP appearing in quite a few of his shots. I would like to make the process the least time intensive as possible but I know it's going to be a bit of work. My question is which way will give the best quality result in the least amount of time. Should I use Mocha or AE. Mocha is 2d planar tracker and AE has the 3d Camera Tracker. Also depending on which method I use do I have to track each poster separately and render before replacing each one in succession or is there a way of tracking all three at once? I'm new to tracking so I don't know if I'm even asking the right questions. As you can probably tell my frustration level is pretty high. I am including a link to the footage and would really appreciate some guidance as to how I should go about this task as the only videos I can find only deal with one replacement such a s a cell phone screen or a single billboard. Thank you!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hb6vxgjlok53g2o/Sc2Sh3A3Beta1.MOV?dl=0

Return to posts index

Martin Brennand
Re: Camera tracking to replace 3 IP posters in moving shot and not sure how to go about it.
on Oct 23, 2018 at 1:29:12 am

Definitely Mocha for this one.
You can track all three in one mocha project, but you'll need to track them in separate layers one at a time. You'll need to avoid the reflections as well, as they are high-contrast areas which may throw off your track. Stick to the textured areas and track in perspective and it should be fine.

Martin Brennand | Product Manager | mocha - Imagineer Systems

Return to posts index

Martin Brennand
Re: Camera tracking to replace 3 IP posters in moving shot and not sure how to go about it.
on Oct 23, 2018 at 1:56:55 am

Here's an example of how you would set this up:

Martin Brennand | Product Manager | mocha - Imagineer Systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]