FORUMS: list search recent posts

can't select layers in comp window

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Mavety
can't select layers in comp window
on Oct 22, 2018 at 12:40:09 am

Usually you can control click in the comp window to select a specific layer. For some reason this has stopped working. Does any one know how I can get this working again?

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: can't select layers in comp window
on Oct 22, 2018 at 8:12:17 am

You didn't mention whether Mac or PC - you can also right click to do the same on the PC, not sure about the Mac. Its also possible (I've seen this happen) with Select being at the bottom of the list, the pop up has overflowed and there is a little of it in a second column to the right - easy to miss if it only has one item in it (the last item of course). This used to happen on smaller screens when precompose used to be the last item.

Return to posts index

John Mavety
on Oct 22, 2018 at 10:21:56 pm

Thanks for responding. I'm on a MacBook Pro, connected to an external monitor. I've worked out that the problem only occurs when the comp window is on the external monitor. When I drag it onto the laptop screen I can control click to select layers. I used to be able to do the same on the external monitor but it stopped working a while back, possibly when I updated the Operating System (to Version 10.13.6). If anyone knows how to get it working across both monitors please let me know. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Nitai Lev-Oren
on Oct 22, 2018 at 3:26:12 pm

you need to give more details of the problem

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]