FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lower Third in AE and working with CasparCG

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Probst
Lower Third in AE and working with CasparCG
on Oct 19, 2018 at 5:34:39 pm

Hello @ all,

looked through this forum, and on Google, I don‘t find the right answer.

We‘re working in the event- and TV-Business, and now I set up a CasparCG system for lower thirds, openers, bumpers, etc. Now, when working with lower thirds in live situations, we need to edit them in real-time. We‘re creating the thirds in AE, and exporting via BodyMovin to HTML5.
Is there a way, to define dynamic fields like „name“ „f0“ and „freetext“ „f1“ so we can fill them in the CasparCG client? Does anyone has experiences?

Thank you very much, and best regards from Switzerland, Thomas

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Lower Third in AE and working with CasparCG
on Oct 20, 2018 at 2:21:11 am

I don't get the problem. You're making the background for the lower-third in AE, right? So why not make the lower-third and make the text in tbe editing application, huh?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Thomas Probst
on Oct 20, 2018 at 5:27:02 am

Hi Dave,

Thanks for reply. CasparCG is no editing application. CasparCG Server is a Windows and Linux software used to play out professional graphics, audio and video to multiple outputs as a layerbased real-time compositor, coming from Swedisch Television SVT. Playing graphics is done in HTML5 or Flash (OK, this is more and more dying 😉). So, if working in HTML5, you render in AE via BodyMovin to JSON.
My question is, if I can define variables in AE, not static text. You can do it to Premiere, but that looks proprietary, and not for live-live.
In the client of Caspar you can fill HTMLvariables, either in JS or JSON. That‘s the thing, I‘m figuring out.

Cheers, Thomas

Return to posts index

Andrew Somers
on Oct 20, 2018 at 6:29:47 am

As I understand it, all the JSON stuff is handled in the BodyMovin script, so that is where you'd need to look I think — I'd suggest contacting the BodyMovin authors.

That said, You can create any variables you want inside expressions or scripts. I'm not familiar enough with BodyMovin script to suggest how to get those into a JSON output.

Andrew Somers
VFX & Title Supervisor
https://www.GeneralTitles.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]