FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera Tracker custom marker

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kamil Adamski
Camera Tracker custom marker
on Oct 19, 2018 at 7:56:00 am

Hi,

How to add custom markers to the camera tracker? I need to have markers in specific places, and I can't add them.
Also if not possible, is there any other 3rd party tracking plugin which allows to add custom tracking points.

After Effects CC 2018.

Best Regards,
Kamil.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Camera Tracker custom marker
on Oct 19, 2018 at 5:41:46 pm

I assume your intended end result is not just adding markers, but attaching objects to spots that don't have markers generated by the 3D camera tracker.

If that is the case, you can create a 3D null from any point on a plane defined by at least three tracking points. The null will be aligned to that plane, and you can move it along that plane to the desired position using those two transform arrows that lie on that plane. Once in the desired position, you can attach a 3D layer to that null.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Kamil Adamski
on Oct 19, 2018 at 6:39:09 pm

Hi Kalleheikki Kannisto,

What I mean is to add custom marker before solving the camera, so I can have My own markers indicators to later add something on that specific spot. But Your explanation will also work, will need to change te position few times until it's on the right place, but it will work.

Thank You,

Regards,
Kamil.

Return to posts index

Andrew Somers
on Oct 19, 2018 at 7:11:21 pm

To answer your other question, BouJou, PF Track, Syntheyes, all allow you to add custom track points.

Andrew Somers
VFX & Title Supervisor
https://www.GeneralTitles.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]