FORUMS: list search recent posts

how do you create this title in after effects?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Jung
how do you create this title in after effects?
on Oct 19, 2018 at 1:13:04 am

video:

this should be simple but i can't seem to find a solution.

i can extrude the title and make it 3d.
but i can't change the color gradually like the one in the picture.
I also want to animate the color change.
if you look in the video, the title pops up time to time and i was wondering if that is possible with trapcode echo or if it was done with expressions.

Return to posts index

Mark Doctor
Re: how do you create this title in after effects?
on Oct 21, 2018 at 8:10:25 am

Its the oldskool methode, of stagging a bunch of text layers at a z-space offset.

Create a textlayer and add an index-scipt to offset the anchor z-space:

A = thisComp.layer("YourtextlayerName").index;
B = index;
C = B - A;

Duplicate the layer ~40x times and every duplicated layer will have its own unique z-space. Which in return also can be used for hue, saturation, opacity, etc. Combined with a slider to increase the magnitude, by multipling the "C" value. In this case I would sugest the solid overlay effect and add the script to the opacity.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: how do you create this title in after effects?
on Oct 22, 2018 at 12:43:17 am

There are some plug ins at aescripts.com that automate the step and repeat process to give you the "edge" and they will also let you easily tie into a camera so the perspective can change too. (all things you could do with expressions as well).
Something that can hang you up when doing this kind of thing (if you're not used to it). Changing the number of layers above your stacking layers can have an influence on the look since the index number (used in the expressions to offset each successive layer) is the layer number, which changes if you add new a layer above. So one layer referencing another layers's index number can get its math out of whack if those indexes change, especially if you are using multiples. It's easy to write code around this but if you are copy and pasting code from somewhere you might not realize this little gotcha. The same goes for randomness - the random seed is the layer index (unless specified in the expression).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]