FORUMS: list search recent posts

Colors after render all messed up! Anybody run into this before?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Felipe Prado
Colors after render all messed up! Anybody run into this before?
on Oct 17, 2018 at 9:25:36 pm

Hey guys so here's the image below:

What happen is that, on the right side I have the PREVIEW of it of the exact same frame in AFTER EFFECTS AND PREMIERE PRO, both have that color.

Now once I render in h.264 (mp4 format) the color goes to the thing in the left... I thought it could be my player VLC Player so I tried others, and the color is the exact same thing. This video is a job so I can't afford using the color as it is, any advices? Client will only accept mp4.

Thanks in Advance!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Colors after render all messed up! Anybody run into this before?
on Oct 17, 2018 at 10:22:51 pm

I can't tell what I'm looking at. Is that a window?
If it is, your image is blown-out and there are no good fixes except a re-shoot.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Oct 17, 2018 at 10:26:04 pm

Is your project set to 32bpc and exporting via dynamic link to Media Encoder?

Try this: apply a Levels effect on an adjustment layer at the top of your comp. Don't touch the histogram, the inputs, gamma or outputs -- just set "Clip To Output White" to "On."

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Felipe Prado
on Oct 17, 2018 at 10:45:22 pm

@Dave and @Walter thanks for answering

@Dave, here is a video link to what I am doing... it's an FX, check in the following link:

As you can see, it is suppose to go bright white THEN glow out and particles comes in. That's what I see in MY PREVIEW both in After AND Premiere pro, in FULL.

What is happening is that it is getting some weird colors like YELLOW AND CYAN when it glows, and I have no idea what else to do!!

@Walter I am try what you suggest and let you know thanks!

Return to posts index

Felipe Prado
on Oct 17, 2018 at 10:47:15 pm

Walter, I forgot answering, yes it is on 32bpc!!!

Return to posts index

Felipe Prado
on Oct 17, 2018 at 10:48:54 pm

It was rendered in Premiere Pro, not Media Encoder.

Return to posts index

Felipe Prado
on Oct 17, 2018 at 11:05:47 pm

@Walter Soyka

You are the boss!

I just smashed the like button! It fixed the issue, but now I am completely puzzled!

Why did you ask if I was using 32bpc and what exactly does the "Clip To Output White" to On does?

Please LET ME KNOW!!!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Oct 17, 2018 at 11:31:17 pm

Your hot glow there looked like a 32bpc effect. I think there's a bug in dynamic link's color profile conversion from Ae to Pr/AME with super-bright values, well over 1.0, especially in the blue channel. This can only happen with floating point color (32bpc); neither of the integer color depths (8bpc and 16bpc) can encode a color brighter than white.

What "Clip to Output White" does is eliminate super-bright values. Anything brighter than 1.0 will be clipped to 1.0. You don't want to use this in the middle of your comp, because your glow/blur is actually relying on those super-bright values to produce that cool blue tone, but we can put it on an adjustment layer on top without affecting the visual, because our monitors cannot display a color brighter than white (1.0) anyway.

To see what it's doing for yourself, toggle the effect on and off, and move the mouse cursor around over the comp viewer with the Info panel open. You'll see exactly how the Levels effect clips the RGB values of the pixels.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Felipe Prado
on Oct 18, 2018 at 12:07:19 am

@Walter Soyka Thanks so much for answering, but what the hell is the point of getting your WHITES above 1.0? If white is white I mean ? I don't understand this!

Also, since you answered this one, you maybe might me able to also help me with the below:

The FX below is what I see in the PREVIEW in After effects, when I render it and play it on VLC PLAYER I also see the exact same thing.

But Once I import it to After FX, it becomes this:

Any ideas on how to fix this? It was done in ANIMATION CODEC, 32BPC, I used 4 Layers in ADD in top of each other to achieve this glow in the middle, particles is just Particular with Sapphire Glow, I keep running in this problem over and over and never found anybody to help me with this!!!

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Felipe Prado
on Oct 19, 2018 at 7:10:44 am

I tried for a few hours tweaking around without much success, it seems that the ADD blend mode completely changes the color of the comp, any ideas?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Oct 19, 2018 at 10:23:50 am

Sorry, Felipe, I don't quite follow what you're sharing.

Is the second (messed-up) image what happens when you import the Animation codec file, or what happens when you composite 4 of them on top of each other with the Add blend mode?

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Felipe Prado
on Oct 19, 2018 at 5:26:26 pm

Walter!

Oh I am sorry - I didn't explain properly.

So here's the deal, the image below is what it looks like without the ADD blend mode.

If I ADD the blend mode, it looks like this, it also looks PERFECT when I watch it on the VLC Player (This is what I want in my end result).

Once I Render it and import in After Effects, OR if I add a ADJUSTMENT LAYER on top of everything with the 'Clip To Output White ON' (with ADD BLEND MODE on the HEXAGON GLOWING LAYER), it looks like this :

My Timeline in case it's helpful below:

I changed it's structure from 4 Layers in ADD in top of each other for the hexagon to just one, with a very bright glow FX on it instead, because I thought that the 4 layers in add in top of each other could be causing issues, but in the end I got the same results with both.

Project is on 32bpc, I rendered it using Animation Codec, RGB +Alpha as you can see both images below:

Let me know if I was clear enough!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]