FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apply affect to source footage

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mustafa hos
Apply affect to source footage
on Oct 16, 2018 at 12:01:45 pm

First my English is not good, sorry about that.

I have a after effects project that have lots of video clips inside of it and it is not organized well. All i want to do is color grade those clips at once but i couldn't find any way to apply lumetri effect to whole footage. In premiere i can just paste effect to footage's source and tada all clips are graded.

is there any way to do that in after effects? i searched whole internet but couldnt find anything.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Apply affect to source footage
on Oct 16, 2018 at 5:47:49 pm

Add an adjustment layer above all the footage layers and apply the Lumetri effect to it.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

mustafa hos
on Oct 16, 2018 at 5:59:49 pm

Thanks for response Kalleheikki.

But footages are pre composed more than once and there are lots of motion graphic elements inside of those compositions. I want to grade them without affecting those motion graphics. Also there are different shots, i did different grade for each of them.

what i am trying to archive is applying an effect direcly to source file but apperanly there is no much a thing in ae.

It's weird that nobody asked this before.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Oct 17, 2018 at 2:31:40 am

[mustafa hos] "what i am trying to archive is applying an effect direcly to source file but apperanly there is no much a thing in ae."

Select the footage item in the Project Panel, right-click, and choose "Replace with precomp (used x time(s))." This will create one new precomp for your footage, and replace every instance of the footage with that precomp throughout the project. You can then apply your effects to the footage inside that new precomp and it will ripple throughout the project, just like a Master Clip Effect in Premiere.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

mustafa hos
on Oct 18, 2018 at 10:08:06 pm

That's a great idea! Thank you Walter. I'll do that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]