FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe 2019 Messed up my movies with transparent backgrounds.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Antonik
Adobe 2019 Messed up my movies with transparent backgrounds.
on Oct 15, 2018 at 6:50:36 pm

I bought a stock video file awhile ago for a video series I do. I found that the creator encoded it as "Photo PNG + Alpha." And when I download the file it is a .mov.

This file has been working for months now. Until I updated this morning to Creative Suite 2019 today. Adobe is interpreting the alpha channel as a solid layer. Which I can not remove or see as a layer to turn off. Now I can't use this file which is a signature look to my video series.

Things I've exahausted:
  • Keying the black out, but that removes the black from my video footage. Failed

• Taking .mov into Photoshop and rendering it as PNG sequence. Straight Alpha channel selected. Failed

• Encoding it again in Media Encoder. Failed

Please someone chime in here. I've searched for about 2 hrs online to find anyone having similar or exact situations. Again. My file has been working for months prior to installing Adobe 2019.

• Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
    Re: Adobe 2019 Messed up my movies with transparent backgrounds.
    on Oct 15, 2018 at 9:35:29 pm

I hate to say it, but that's what you get for being an early adopter of brand-new Adobe software. Lord only knows what it'll take to track down the problem. I'd recommend reverting to a version that worked for you, and let someone else sort out the problems.

Dave LaRonde
    Promotion Producer
    KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Eric Antonik
    on Oct 16, 2018 at 1:18:01 pm

I already did just that. Reverted to Premiere v. 12.1.2. and AE v. 15.1.2. No issues with files. Not going to update to CC19 for a long time.

Adobe, you're doing a bang up job! Keep up the great work!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
    on Oct 16, 2018 at 5:36:41 pm

Yeah, some wags call an Adobe rental agreement a membership in the Adobe Unpaid Beta Tester Program.

I'm still on CC2017. No intention to change unless I'm forced to.
    Or someone can convince me that there are features in newer versions that A) I can't live without and B) actually work as advertised.

Dave LaRonde
    Promotion Producer
    KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
    © 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
    [TOP]