FORUMS: list search recent posts

is there a task / process manager for AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Engelkemier
is there a task / process manager for AE
on Oct 15, 2018 at 2:02:42 pm

Sometimes things are running smoothly, then all of the sudden things just come to a Grinding halt. Usually I know why. But not always.

Anyone know if there's a way to visualize what AfterEffects is thinking about?

One thing that always throws loops are expressions.
Connecting one thing to another with an expression? No problem. Probably won't slow you down.
Using an expression that will eventually come up with numbers close to zero, and eventually causing you to divide by zero? Well, you're about to have a bad time.

I just did a few things, at once, and I'm not sure why things are going crazy slow. I'd Love to be able to find the culprit a bit faster. In my case, I probably just need to restart AE, because there's no reason for the slowdown. It was going fast, I did nothing, not it's going slow. Yay, that's just how AE is sometimes.

I'd love to see something like a comp breakdown with percentage per frame, with a pulldown for which item. So you could pull down a comp, then figure out it's a layer inside that comp, and it's relation to scale of something that....scaled to zero. Shoooot.

I'm using Trapcode Particular on this one, and realized I left the particle layer extended after there aren't any particles. Yeah, that's still getting calculated then. That one is pretty glaring once you've got experience. But sometimes things surprise you. Maybe it's just a piece of footage is giving you troubles because it has a weird bit depth or framerate (or corrupt). Maybe you imported a comp from a coworker who set frame blending on, and Also used the force frame blend effect turned Waaay too high. I won't judge. But i Would love to see a way to help me track that down a bit faster.

Anyone know a way?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: is there a task / process manager for AE
on Oct 15, 2018 at 5:05:33 pm

In the Render Queue, you can twirl open the Current Render to get a more detailed idea of what's going on, like in this screenshot:

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]