FORUMS: list search recent posts

Choppy and non-smooth Render!?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pierre Roussel
Choppy and non-smooth Render!?
on Oct 15, 2018 at 3:21:58 am

Hello, thank you for reading. I have been working on a trailer for my missionary school and I noticed every time I render the video I can not get rid of the choppy, shaky and shuttering (for lack of a better terms) during certain parts. I'm not sure if this has to do with the rendering itself, the images i'm using or just the intensity of the project and the demand it's putting on the computer. The video can be hard on the eyes, certain images do not come in smoothly but rough and it hurts the eyes when looking at that part of the trailer. The computer itself is holding 128GB of RAM, I7 , and top of the line video card. If you could please take a look at the first trailer we made on Youtube (link below), you will get an idea of what I am talking about. You can see that this happens the most at 27 seconds in and at 1:13 in. Mainly with the banners and the globe. Any solutions or tips to get a smoother and crisper render would be great!! Thank you!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Choppy and non-smooth Render!?
on Oct 17, 2018 at 5:26:48 pm

I'm assuming you are talking about things like the jittery text at around 1:14 that says Missionary? It is the way video is processed. You are not seeing each frame instantly. It is building lines of the image to make 1 frame. It is so fast that you can't see it. But the cause is by the time you build the top line of the frame to the bottom line the image has moved which creates the jittery look.

Here are ways to fix it. Add motion blur to your project. It looks like you have zero motion blur. Another option is to slow down the movement of the rotating banner. You could also us a sans serif font which would help. Best of luck.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]