FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE mocha issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noel Holland
AE mocha issues
on Oct 14, 2018 at 3:58:42 pm

I decided to make a video showing what exactly is my issue, but if you can't stand to watch it, attempt to decipher my description:

I am currently tracking greenscreens that are approached at oblique angles and therefore require the use of mocha to properly track. When exporting keyframe information (through copy to clipboard), it only pastes one keyframe. I have tried highlighting all of the keyframes in mocha as well as none, but nothing seems to word. At the pace I am going at, going back and forth pasting one at a time, I'll likely finish this video in a years time. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Video explanation (recommended):

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
Re: AE mocha issues
on Oct 15, 2018 at 5:04:45 am

Hard to say as there's so little movement.

I'd try using ONLY translation and scale for your motion options and perhaps the rarely used Small motion option.

Return to posts index

Ross Shain
on Oct 16, 2018 at 5:16:31 pm

Noel,
I believe your issue is you have a trimmed layer in AE and you are not pasting Mocha track data at the first frame in AE.
If you select the layer and hit U do you have a lot of keyframes that are offset in the timeline?

You might want to upgrade your After Effects to the newest cloud update. Note that Mocha AE is now updated with a lot of new features and instead of copy/paste there is a create track button that can help avoid some of these offset issues user run into.

Here is a video tut:

Ross Shain
Boris FX / Imagineer Systems
https://borisfx.com/products/mocha/

Return to posts index

Noel Holland
on Oct 18, 2018 at 10:35:57 pm

Oh, that very well may be. Do you suggest that I select my desired layer and paste the keyframes at the beginning of the entire composition (even if the layer does not span this area)? I will try this tomorrow when I have access to my computer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]