FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reveal shine effect with particular?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyler Lynn
Reveal shine effect with particular?
on Oct 13, 2018 at 1:44:48 pm

In my comp I have a circle covered with particles from trapcode. One by one they disappear, revealing the circle below, and I want light to shine through as each one goes away, kind of like as if light was breaking through cracks in an egg. I've been trying to make the shine with trapcode shine. I've gotten close, and either the particles look how I want them to but the shine is blocked by a mask, or I remove the mask and the particles don't look right and the shine looks somewhat right, though it's coming out 100% from the beginning instead of being revealed piece by piece. I have the project file here, and if you take a look it's pretty obvious what I want to do. Any suggestions?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PTarGPLyOSFHMYGhtv8DtU2cV1OT9A_l

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Reveal shine effect with particular?
on Oct 13, 2018 at 5:57:42 pm

Precompose the animation and apply shine to the pre comp.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tyler Lynn
Re: Reveal shine effect with particular?
on Oct 15, 2018 at 1:14:08 pm

Hi Dave, thanks for the reply. I did that, and it worked! But I'm confused on why it doesn't work when I have it structured like this:

-Particular Comp
-Ball comp (shine applied)

Instead, if I precomp the particular and ball comp together, and then apply shine to that, why does it all the sudden work? I don't understand the logic of it. Do you know why it's like that?

Thanks a bunch!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]