Thoughts on how to set up a project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Lewen
Thoughts on how to set up a project
on Oct 12, 2018 at 5:28:18 pm
Last Edited By Adam Lewen on Oct 12, 2018 at 5:31:48 pm

Hi!
I am at the beginning of setting up a LONG project, and thought it wont hurt to get a tip/thought on how to approach it, since it's a very long one.
It's pretty "simple" but in case of additions and/or corrections, it might get messy 😉
I also need it to be as "template-able" as I can for future needs.
I am adding an idea of a timeline and a frame (the design is for this post purposes only...It will grow X15 if this not-ideal approach will go on)
The project is a very lone span over a Timeline of years
every couple of years I stop on a YEAR (year will scale) and I show a TEXT SLIDE about that YEAR
There are some pretty random shapes in the BG, BUT sometimes and IMAGE will be in the BG of those shapes, and sometimes with no image.
The SHAPES will have a transparent area if an IMAGE is there.

I know the timeline i'm putting for reference here seems organized, but If anyone have a thought about a different setup, any tip is appreciated...
Eventually I will have dozens of YEARS (where every year I stop on for a few seconds will scale for the duration of the hold, until I go to the next one)/TEXT SLIDES/IMAGES/ ECT...
My main problem is, if after 25 years and long minutes of video, I will have to hold on a a new year, or add TEXT and time, I will have to respectively change EVERYTHING that happens later (Scaling up later years in one Comp/ pushing images in another / changing some shapes.....)

I hope I am clear...
Thank you for reading!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]