FORUMS: list search recent posts

convert project to/from premiere afterEffects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Engelkemier
convert project to/from premiere afterEffects
on Oct 11, 2018 at 6:52:33 pm

I know this is a longshot, and some of you are probably screaming in your heads about this.

But the fact is, even though After Effects is Considerably slower at just scrubbing through clips and lining them up, I prefer using it because things like controlling masks, animating titles, and working with any sort of special effect seems to be much faster there.
And at least, on my computer, I have Lots of troubles with mixed media, and sending things back and forth with AE and Premiere. My project timelines are just short, so I need things to be reliable.

So, I'm curious if there are any tools out there to do something like take a premiere file, and send over clips to after effects.

I used Premiere, this time, just to get the overall video lined up with music, voice over, and what clip is going where. But every single one of them needs time remapping (I am not a fan of the controls for that in Premiere. although I do like single speed changes there better since it's fast, and it shows you a percentage), animated masks, color color correction, and other than animated masks it's only jump cuts.

Audio timing is often a problem, but I'm handling that all in Audition and sending the mixdown over. Since it's only a 2.5ish minute video, I'd just prefer to stay in one software.

Some of you still disagree with me. And that's cool. But if you happen to know of a way to do this, I'd love to hear it.
Otherwise, I'll just keep going back and forth as I add the clips I used in the location I used, and start from there. Looks like I'll have to do this a few times in the near future, so I thought I'd ask.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: convert project to/from premiere afterEffects
on Oct 11, 2018 at 9:09:11 pm

[Andy Engelkemier] "So, I'm curious if there are any tools out there to do something like take a premiere file, and send over clips to after effects."

After Effects has a somewhat hidden feature to Premiere projects. It's not in the regular Import file dialog; you have to do it via File > Import > Import Adobe Premiere Pro Project.

We use that much like you're describing. Cut in Pr, finish in Ae.

There are also a few third-party tools from Creative Impatience that can help with a VFX-oriented workflow like this. Take a look at Conform Studio:
https://aescripts.com/conform-studio/

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Andy Engelkemier
on Oct 12, 2018 at 1:40:23 pm

This is why I come here. Exactly what I wanted, and had no idea that existed, and in my search all that I found was dynamic link, which was Not what I was looking for because that's a bit more work, and has a higher chance for corrupt files (at least in my experience).

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Oct 11, 2018 at 9:09:13 pm

Dynamic link?

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Oct 11, 2018 at 10:14:20 pm

Dynamic Link is so much better now that there's Render and Replace:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/render-replace-effects-compositi...

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]