FORUMS: list search recent posts

No perspective CC cylinder

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kalle Persson
No perspective CC cylinder
on Oct 11, 2018 at 11:30:59 am

I'm trying to make a cylinder logo that is fooling the eye that it is changing perspective. I'm using CC cylinder to make each letter warp. I would like the cylinder to be isometric (no size diffrence between the the back and the front of the cylinder). Usually to get an isometric look I would just place the camera in a far distance. But this doesn't seem to work with cc cylinder? Does anybody know of a solution?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: No perspective CC cylinder
on Oct 12, 2018 at 3:46:46 pm

I don't understand what you're trying to do. You say you want it to have perspective and then you say you want an isometric look. To my mind, those are mutually exclusive, so you must mean something I don't understand. ☺ Do you have some pictures that you can use to help describe your issue?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Kalle Persson
on Oct 14, 2018 at 10:23:15 am

OK sry if was unclear. here is an example. when applying cc cylinder to this text block "front back" it automatically simulates a perspective where (the back row is smaller then the front row). Is there a way to get rid of this size difference between the back row and front row?

If so, I would be able to fool the eye of which row that is in front by simbly changing which row that is on top.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Oct 14, 2018 at 5:56:12 pm

You could skip CC Cylinder and do a mesh warp instead. A quick test, just eyeballing it.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]