FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trapcode Particular - Polygon/Sprite colouring

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabrielle Ace
Trapcode Particular - Polygon/Sprite colouring
on Oct 8, 2018 at 4:14:42 am

Hi All!

I am currently working on a project where I'm intercutting presenter, b-roll and a scene where a logo is slowly starting to be revealed through out the video.

The logo is a heart shape filled with different coloured triangles. So what I'm wanting is to start the video with all the coloured triangles floating around randomly but as the video goes on they start coming together to reveal the heart by the end of the video. I've managed to get the particles moving in the way I want them to but I'm finding I can either have a sphere particle and all the right colours OR I could have a triangle particle but the colours are very very off and nothing like the colours in the logo.

Does anyone know how I can make triangle particles with the colours that are actually being used in the logo? I thought maybe I'd have to make a couple particular layers all with different coloured particles but there are a ton of colours in this logo so I figured there would have to be an easier way to do this?

(as an fyi Im currently using the logo png as a layer emitter)

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Trapcode Particular - Polygon/Sprite colouring
on Oct 12, 2018 at 4:09:31 pm

If you're using a layer emitter, you should be able to have the colors the way you want. See this page: https://www.redgiant.com/user-guide/trapcode-particular/emitter-layer-emitt...

I would make them emit, fly around, and then precomp that and reverse it to have them all come together in your final.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]