FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can Trapcode Particular only make particles visible after a bounce?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Thompson
Can Trapcode Particular only make particles visible after a bounce?
on Oct 5, 2018 at 10:20:46 pm

Hi,
I'm trying to have spark hits against a wall with Trapcode Particular. I have it looking the way I want to with particles shooting out of a point directed at a wall and bouncing off of it, only I don't want the particles to be visible before the physics interaction. I can't tweak the particle opacity over life to hide them as it hides many of the bouncing particles too, and I know the aux particles have an emit 'At Bounce Event' but that changes the whole look. I've also tried the vanishing point visibility to try and hide them but it also gets rid of the majority of the bouncing particles because there isn't much of a distance between them. Is it possible to have the particles only become visible as they hit the wall? Thanks

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Can Trapcode Particular only make particles visible after a bounce?
on Oct 6, 2018 at 7:53:21 am

I would use the emit at bounce event of the aux particles. If the aux particles are set up the same way as the main particles, they should look the same. I've used that approach to change the color of particles on bounce, matching other settings and changing the color of the particles.

If that doesn't work, you could emit the particles behind the wall and use an obscuration layer as the wall, that way the particles appear only when they are through the wall.

Another option to explore is to use an emitter that emits directionally from a plane, skipping the original point emitter altogether.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Ryan Thompson
Re: Can Trapcode Particular only make particles visible after a bounce?
on Oct 6, 2018 at 8:54:14 am

Thanks I'll try the obscure option as with this project it does look very different with the emit at bounce event option. Also it's a shame for people who are just using the main particles, no aux

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]