FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question about achieving a specific animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Myles Eggert
Question about achieving a specific animation
on Oct 5, 2018 at 8:36:31 pm

Hey guys,

I'm looking to find out a little more information about what kind of words i should be searching up to find out ways to animate this a certain way.

I'm taking an image i've created and i'm looking to animate a glow/mask effect along what i'm assuming would be a path.
Picture a glow/light effect moving along a path but instead of it being it's own effect, i wanted to mask it to an image that i have so that it's a little less work than spending a long time getting the "path" just right to show what i want.

I've essentially made to layers, both the same image, one darkened and the other normal. I'm trying to show the dark one at all times and then "animate" the bright image along a path that would be MASKED to the image underneath.
I feel i'm really struggling to convey what exactly it is that i'm trying to do but i'll upload an image to try and iterate what i'm wanting.

<- Black image.

<- What i want the purple and blue lines to look like when i animate a small "glow" mask along it. So basically it's always hiding except for when it's showing in the animated masking.

What should i do to achieve the effect i'm after :P

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Question about achieving a specific animation
on Oct 5, 2018 at 8:54:31 pm

.maybe Im misunderstanding. but it seems really easy/ Saber or stroke would be my first choice..and you essentially want to use that as a luma matte for some other image. which sounds like a good plan.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]