FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bloody/liquid text

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Bruzek
Bloody/liquid text
on Oct 5, 2018 at 10:33:20 am

So, I am usually a C4D user more than AE, but I'm pretty good with it. Anyway, I'm trying to make a video birthday card for my wife. Being its October and we are both avid horror fans, I'm going a bit gorey.

The scene I have so far, I'm talking and my head explodes. I've got that looking pretty good, I have some blood running down the wall behind me, which I would like to become text. I can't for the life of me find a tutorial on how to make that happen. I am not at my computer currently so o can't upload anything but and help would be appreciated

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Bloody/liquid text
on Oct 5, 2018 at 1:51:52 pm

Most "particles forming into text" in AE are done with Particular or Form, rendered from text to scattered particles and then time reversed so that particles form into text. Particular probably slightly better in this case with its Air Physics options.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Nick Bruzek
on Oct 5, 2018 at 2:01:45 pm

Thanks for the reply! I kinda figured I'd have to use particles, though I've never gotten a liquid or runny effect from them, mostly sand looking stuff. Can you give me a few pointers or point me toward a tutorial?

Return to posts index

Max Haller
on Oct 5, 2018 at 7:37:49 pm

Hey Nick, I think using particles for the liquid could work too. I don't have a tutorial handy to link but I know you can get a blobby/liquid sort of effect by throwing a Simple Choker effect on an adjustment layer over the particles. If you crank that up you should start to see the shapes merge together. Adding a blur to particles first might help too.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Oct 6, 2018 at 8:02:23 am

Make the particles large enough, blur them and then use the curves adjustment on the alpha channel to "blobbify" them together.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Oct 14, 2018 at 2:15:07 am

For a low-budget video postcard, this technique might work ☺

Pierre

Return to posts index

Nick Bruzek
on Oct 14, 2018 at 2:50:22 am

Yes! But not people dancing, I want text, but that's amazing, is there a tutorial for that?

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Oct 14, 2018 at 3:10:22 am

I think the latex project file:
https://help.revisionfx.com/search/?p=75

That said I noticed a few days ago that some of our old tutorials that were flash are broken links now, supposed to look into it with person who manages the website this coming week

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]