FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to achieve a certain effect...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Mason
Trying to achieve a certain effect...
on Oct 3, 2018 at 5:48:57 pm

Hopefully you guys can help me because I am stuck. I am trying to achieve a "connected network" look where the particles are all connected with lines to each other, and not just a single source. I've included a picture as a reference of the style I am going for, but I am imaging some 3D depth as well...

I know Plexus might be better than using Trapcode Particular, but I still want to have the ability to animate the individual lines & perhaps even the individual particles themselves.

Let me know if you think this is beyond Particular's capabilities.

Appreciate your guys help.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Trying to achieve a certain effect...
on Oct 5, 2018 at 1:18:49 pm

Particular will not give you those connecting lines, so it is pretty much out of question.

With Plexus you can always use a second (third, fourth...) layer with specific points on them if you want added flexibility. You can control every single point with a null object, if need be, so if you want lines between specific points, you can put just those points on a separate Plexus layer or precomp with just those nulls.

Alternatively, there's a connect layers plugin, but I would still suggest Plexus for anything even slightly complex.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Rob Mason
Re: Trying to achieve a certain effect...
on Oct 13, 2018 at 1:29:32 pm

Appreciate your suggestions!

Sorry for the late reply.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]