FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to create slanted or diagonal crawling titles?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xavier Bonet
How to create slanted or diagonal crawling titles?
on Sep 28, 2018 at 6:35:37 pm

I’m wondering if anyone here has run into the need for this kind of crawling titles or any resource that touches on them, as I’ve been looking all over the web and haven’t found so much as a mention—even though it's a format I’ve seen used several times at the end of films.
I’m trying to work them in AE and thinking that perhaps some expression could move each line’s margin a little more to one side or the other in order to create the slant or staircase effect, and then simply and manually key the starting and ending positions of the text layer.
However, I’m wondering if there’s a more generic way of doing it. That is, something that allows the margins to move dynamically as the text crawls, as to avoid the large object on one side of the screen. (Sort of like when one uses text wrapping in text design software and there’s an image with text wrapping applied, so the text avoids the image and forms and reforms around it.)
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: How to create slanted or diagonal crawling titles?
on Sep 28, 2018 at 7:58:50 pm

I have no idea how to do it perfectly, meaning you'll have to set it up once you have the final text.

But I hope it helps.

12752_slantedparagraphs.aep.zip

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Xavier Bonet
Re: How to create slanted or diagonal crawling titles?
on Sep 28, 2018 at 8:38:05 pm

Great! Thanks a million!

I see what you've done here: the key is RAMPing the text lines in the animator instead of having them set to "Square". It's a rather complex and manual process that needs keying several different values but I expected as much.

I wonder if this might be achieved in a more repeatable manner using expressions... that way one could create a sort of template and not have to change everything manually each time.

Anyway, it's a great starting point and it solves my issue right now! So I'm very grateful for the response!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]