FORUMS: list search recent posts

Texture on individual letters with text animators?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Allen
Texture on individual letters with text animators?
on Sep 28, 2018 at 4:32:18 pm

I'm using a pre-comped Form layer to create some sparkly "glitter" texture for some text. Is there any possible way to animate this text by letter, *using the text animators*, and have the texture stick to the letters? I'm doing a lyric video, so separating all the letters to their own layers and animating letter-by-letter would be a nightmare. I'm assuming this is not possible but wanted to ask just in case. Thanks for any ideas!

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Texture on individual letters with text animators?
on Sep 28, 2018 at 4:40:40 pm

There is a plugin for that...but. it wont take long to precomp each letter and texture it like that right?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Allen
Re: Texture on individual letters with text animators?
on Sep 28, 2018 at 4:50:01 pm

Thanks for the response!

Could you give me the name for that plug-in? I searched before posting but didn't come up with anything that specific.

[Richard Garabedain] " it wont take long to precomp each letter and texture it like that right?"

Surely You Jest!? Or maybe misunderstood the issue. I am animating words for the lyrics of an entire song. Aside from the torture of separating and animating all this text into different layers, I have to consider revisions, which always comes with client work. What if they wanted to change the fonts or layouts or animation style after I've done all this? Using text animators is the only reasonably efficient and flexible way to do this unless I can find that magic plug-in. Thanks again for your time!

---------------------------------------------
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5, OSX 10.10.5

Adobe CC2015 & 2017
QT 7.6.6

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]