FORUMS: list search recent posts

Big render times

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marina Cotrim
Big render times
on Sep 27, 2018 at 9:21:11 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to export a project and having trouble with the render times. The workflow is as follows:

import shapes from illustrator using Overlord, animate it in after effects and then send it to premiere trough the dynamic link to add sound effects and final touches (opening and final sequences, wich are in mp4). I export it trough media enconder.

For a comp that has 5 minutes, the time to export is 3 hours!

Computer specs:
1080ti, i7 6th generation, ssd, 32gb ram

My cache disk is in the ssd, but the conformed cache is in a server (I can't change, because when i try to, it asks me if I want to delete the files or move them and I can't do neither - is my employer's server). I don't know how much this affect the render times.

In the AE step of the workflow, I use mostly basic animations with shapes (but there are many shapes!), and eventually some render intensive effects. I also try to precomp what I can.

I noticed that everytime I make a even a small change, AE renders the whole thing again. I would like to know why. I also would like to export the project faster.

If anyone has any insight into the topic I would very much appreciate it! Thank you!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Big render times
on Sep 28, 2018 at 12:28:44 am
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Sep 28, 2018 at 12:30:44 am

At the moment, you're kind of stuck. Importing an AE comp into PP doesn't eliminate AE render times.

To speed up. AE render times, look into Render Garden. It uses multiple processor cores to render. Then import the rendered AE file into PP, do your other PP voodo and export. Happiness should ensue.

You see, AE remdering can be painfully slow.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Marina Cotrim
Re: Big render times
on Sep 28, 2018 at 1:19:46 pm

Thank you, Dave!
I'll give it a try

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved