FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can Anyone Guide Me on how to achieve this effect?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Ralf
Can Anyone Guide Me on how to achieve this effect?
on Sep 27, 2018 at 4:14:22 pm

I have been trying to achieve the below effect with the Radio Waves effect for AE - with little success. Does anyone have any other suggests on how I could achieve it - with or without plug ins..? Any advise would be greatly appreciated..

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Can Anyone Guide Me on how to achieve this effect?
on Sep 27, 2018 at 7:02:44 pm

There are at least 6-8 layers of effects piled on top of another there, the main one being the deformed concentric circles, which I assume is your main effect of interest. While there are ways to achieve that without any plugins, it will likely be easier with one; Trapcode Mir and Form are good candidates for this.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Sep 28, 2018 at 4:22:00 pm
Last Edited By Blaise Douros on Sep 28, 2018 at 4:22:27 pm

Radio Waves combined with Displacement Maps (to distort the shape) would work--make one version of it, then pre-comp it, duplicate it a bunch of times, and offset the copies in time to get the echoing effect.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Oct 1, 2018 at 4:15:01 pm

Have you not seen the reflection setting in the radio waves effect? You want to get this look. create a solid with radio waves then draw a mask put reflection on and go to 5 seconds...then edit your mask...reflection is under wave motion

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Oct 1, 2018 at 4:40:33 pm

You could also create a series of animated straight lines in a pre-comp, and then use Polar Coordinates to turn them into a ring.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]