Match moving

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jawad Zafar
Match moving
on Sep 26, 2018 at 3:10:10 pm

Hello All!

Hope you are doing well.

I am trying to do Camera Tracking of attached video through Adobe After Effects Camera tracker but getting error. I need suggestion, What is best to do Camera tracking of this shot?

Video is attached at Following link: 12746_videoforcameratrackinghelp.mp4.zip

Waiting for response.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
Re: Match moving
on Sep 26, 2018 at 7:57:41 pm

You want to do a 3D Camera track? What's your goal?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Sep 26, 2018 at 8:24:47 pm

I just downloaded the clip and watched it. I have to ask the same question Blaise Douros did.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Jawad Zafar
on Sep 27, 2018 at 1:23:05 pm

Thanks a lot for response. Yes I want to do 3D Camera Track. I have already done rotoscoping of this Player. My Goal is that I want to replace Player environment with 3D Virtual Set, So I want to do 3D Camera track and transfer that Tracking data to 3Ds Max or Maya.

Hope you understand.

Waiting for response.

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Sep 26, 2018 at 8:50:28 pm

I gotta say, I'm not sure why you're having trouble. I downloaded the file, ran the 3D camera tracker, and it solved a perfect track, first try--I didn't even need to specify camera AOV or use Detailed Analysis. Pinned a solid to the grass round with no problem.

I'm assuming you're going to roto the background and place the soccer player in an environment. Based on what I'm seeing, the camera track ought to be the easiest part--the roto is gonna be a pain, but the matchmoving is a simple job.

Return to posts index

Jawad Zafar
on Sep 28, 2018 at 4:27:36 am

I have tried it couple of times using After Effects built-In Camera Tracker but it is showing error at the end.

Which 3D Camera Tracker did you use? How can I resolve my issue?

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Sep 28, 2018 at 6:34:41 pm

Are you tracking your roto'd shot? Or the camera original? You should be tracking the camera original--it has way more information available.

As for which tracker: right-click on the clip in the AE timeline, and select "Track Camera." If you know the lens focal length and sensor size, you can calculate the Horizontal Angle Of View, and enter that in the tracker effect--it usually improves the track.

Try pre-comping it and increasing contrast, and/or sharpening it. Mess with it until the tracker sees what it needs to see.

In the future, some tracking markers on the background and/or the platform might help you out.

I'd love to know more about the rig--was it motor-driven or manually spun?

Return to posts index

Jawad Zafar
on Sep 30, 2018 at 8:30:34 am

Thanks a lot for your response.

No I am not tracking my roto shot. I am tracking my camera original. I have already used same tracker with high contrast and high sharpness but still couldn't solve my Camera.

Yes I will use tracking markers in future.

Is there any suggestion how can I resolve this issue?

Yes It was motor-driven Rig.

Waiting for response.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Oct 1, 2018 at 4:49:07 pm

Try pre-composing the footage and use Curves to bring the shadows up a little. I got more consistent results with the file you uploaded when the green platform was a little brighter. I'm assuming you have a better copy of the footage than what you uploaded, right? The compression is super heavy on the one you uploaded, and that made it hard to get a really clean track on the platform.

Finally, since this was a motor-driven rig with constant speed, you should be able to reverse-engineer it without worrying about tracking. Create a virtual camera with an appropriate virtual lens focal length that follows a horizontal, circular path, and play with the timing until it matches.

Return to posts index

Jawad Zafar
on Oct 4, 2018 at 5:21:57 am

Hi!

Hope you are doing well.

I followed your instructions and got error when It was trying to solve camera. To see my process and error Please have a look at attached video: 12764_bandicam20181004093618613.avi.zip

Waiting for response.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]