FORUMS: list search recent posts

Memory setting in AE and Premiere when dynamic link

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Felix henry
Memory setting in AE and Premiere when dynamic link
on Sep 21, 2018 at 1:51:01 pm

Hellooow

i'm wonderinghow should the memory settings in both AE and premiere set when working in dynamique link.
I'm working on a edition on premiere and cut it etc.. and then i'm using dynamique link to create motion design on those shots like text and icons.
Both AE and premiere have a big amount of memmory in the settings letting not much for other programs.I have 30 RAM so in premiere pro i set the preferences as 5 RAM for the rest of the programs. But when i open AE for dynamique link both AE and premiere are opened, is that mean AE willl have to work with the 5 RAM Premiere alows him to have? Should i let more memory in premiere pro settings to let AE works?

Sank uu

I'm working on windows if that helps..

FĂ©lix

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Memory setting in AE and Premiere when dynamic link
on Sep 21, 2018 at 2:30:38 pm

Memory works in one shared pool among the Adobe digital video applications. If you have 32 GB of RAM and you reserve 8 GB for other programs, these programs will share the remaining 24 GB of memory:

After Effects
Premiere Pro
Prelude
Adobe Media Encoder
Photoshop
SpeedGrade
Audition

The applications will try to balance memory according to what's the foreground application and what's in the background, and according to the basic memory requirements of each application.

The icons in the Memory preference panel light up for open memory-sharing applications. I think you have to have matching versions installed for the memory sharing to work (i.e., After Effects CC 2018 will share memory with Premiere Pro CC 2018, but not Premiere Pro CC 2017).

See here for more:
https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/memory-storage1.html#memory_poo...

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Felix henry
Re: Memory setting in AE and Premiere when dynamic link
on Sep 21, 2018 at 3:36:33 pm

Tank you Walter it was very clear.
Have a good day from France

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>