FORUMS: list search recent posts

Track from AE to Cinema 4D Error

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vladimir Lester
Track from AE to Cinema 4D Error
on Sep 7, 2018 at 11:36:45 pm

This has been happening for over a year now and no one has been able to help me, so I figured I'd try again.

Every time I export my track from AE to Cinema 4D ( full version) my track looks right but when I try to drop an object in the scene,

it doesn't match. This happens every. single. time.

When AE I do everything right.

1. I always establish my origin points.

2. I always transfer my nulls, solids, and cameras.

3. I always put black solids over things moving in the foreground so it doesnt confuse the track.

But somehow it always ends up like this:

Someone help, please!

Syd

Return to posts index

Andrew Somers
Re: Track from AE to Cinema 4D Error
on Sep 8, 2018 at 10:40:51 am

"video is unavailable"

Andrew Somers
VFX & Title Supervisor
http://www.GeneralTitles.com

Return to posts index

Vladimir Lester
on Sep 8, 2018 at 1:42:24 pm

I just fixed the link. I'm sorry about that. I accidentally had it set to private. It's public now.

Return to posts index

Andrew Somers
on Sep 8, 2018 at 2:10:25 pm

The grid and color patches matches closely, meaning the BOX object is just very close to camera and far far above the ground plane.

It would be more helpful to see the 4-view (TOP, RIGHT, FRONT, CAMERA).

In the meantime, look at the coordinates of one of the nulls, and transfer those exact coordinates to the BOX object. That should get you in the right direction.

Andrew Somers
VFX & Title Supervisor
http://www.GeneralTitles.com

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Sep 10, 2018 at 6:18:06 pm

3D is tricky when using a non ortho view - your brain can convince you that the box you are moving around is set on a plane when in fact it's wayyyy off.

Depending on the age of your setup and what you were using before, there can be two exporters in AE for use with C4D. On our system they are labeled: CINEMA 4D exporter and Maxon Cinema 4D exporter. One is from Cineware and one is from an older version of what came with C4Dlite. I prefer the first one.

Keep in mind that (depending on what you are doing) the Y in C4D works opposite to AE (higher numbers push things lower in the AE world). And that AE's world origin in top left of frame and C4D's is in the middle of the world.

Andrew is right - lets have a look at a simplified project (the way it is looks simple so just upload that - just the AE file should do it) and/or some ortho views.

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Sep 12, 2018 at 2:33:12 am

I agree with the other responses on the thread, but I wanted to add something.

Use Cinema 4D's motion tracker; it's better than AE's. In terms of ease of use, speed of solution and flexibility I think it's the best camera tracker I've ever used.

Strong words I know, but trust me: it's better than AE's tracker and you can always send the solved camera back to AE if needed.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]