FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vectorising displaced circle.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Manvydas Kugis
Vectorising displaced circle.
on Sep 7, 2018 at 8:17:06 am

Hey guys,
by using this technique with Beam and Displacement Map i created wavy outlined circle. The waves actually move, so it's not just circle rotating.

The problem is, i need this circle to be exported in Lottie with Bodymovin, with vectors.
That means that i cant use any effects (except Stroke) and am stuck with shape tools and expressions.

I thought about auto-tracing every single frame in AE , but it creates a bunch of messy masks and Lottie do not understand this.

Then i thought about exporting every single frame to png, bulk-tracing it in VectorMagic, and putting all those traced AI files back to AE and giving each file 1 frame, but the bulk-tracing makes some unnecesary shapes on top of a main one and AE do not recognizes it. And it would be very time consuming to go through each of hundreds AI files to make the layer structure right.

Is there a simpler way to do this effect in vector with shapes or expressions in AE?

Return to posts index

Andrew Somers
Re: Vectorising displaced circle.
on Sep 7, 2018 at 1:23:53 pm

After Effects is not really a vector oriented tool. Bodymovin' is really just able to take basic keyframe animations of shape layers, and convert those shapes to vectors as far as I can tell. AE does not have its own method of "rendering" to a vector. Moreover the effects in AE are focused on generating raster images, in particular the displacement map effect you are using displaces pixels, not vectors.

I happened upon this tutorial, which shows you how to animate shape layers, and perhaps that might be useful to you:
https://www.aetipsandtricks.com/motion-graphics/create-this-easy-liquid-vector-animation/

Andrew Somers
VFX & Title Supervisor
http://www.GeneralTitles.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]