FORUMS: list search recent posts

reverse screen replacement - tracking corners of a monitor and skewing to fixed frame

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Bryan
reverse screen replacement - tracking corners of a monitor and skewing to fixed frame
on Sep 3, 2018 at 7:10:55 pm

I'm an AE noob, and am quite sure its possible to do this, but not sure how. I have a handheld video that someone took of a monitor, and I would like to track the four corners of the monitor that is being recorded and skew it to a perfect 16:9 composition. I found tutorials on screen replacement, but it is sort of the opposite. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: reverse screen replacement - tracking corners of a monitor and skewing to fixed frame
on Sep 4, 2018 at 10:54:28 am

Track the corners of the screen, attach CC Power Pin corner points to those track results and use the Unstretch option.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Sean Bryan
Re: reverse screen replacement - tracking corners of a monitor and skewing to fixed frame
on Sep 4, 2018 at 4:41:56 pm

Thanks for the response, it is quite helpful. The problem I am having now is that when the screen (or corners of the screen become dark), the tracking fails, or it tracks a point that was on the corner of the screen and follows it into the screen. Is there some way to inform the tracking algorithm that if it's confused, don't move, or to look ahead and fill in the blanks when the confidence is higher? Or perhaps is a matter of adjusting the inner and outer boxes to the correct size?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Sep 4, 2018 at 6:32:36 pm

The solutions to your tracking issues can be varied. Tracking is rarely a fully automatic process. Sometimes tweaking the color, exposure, contrast, etc. pre-tracking can help. Sometimes messing with the advanced tracking options can help. Sometimes you'll have to manually place the track points yourself on some frames.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]