FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mocha - exporting corner pin & transform data

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ellis Berman
Mocha - exporting corner pin & transform data
on Aug 30, 2018 at 8:28:18 pm

Hello,
I'm tracking a shot in Mocha. The shot is of a laptop with a green screen. The shot starts as a medium shot, then zooms in till the laptop screen fills the whole frame. Mocha does a perfect job tracking, but when I copy and paste to my solid in AE, the solid gets pushed to the right corner and doesn't fit onto the tracked computer screen. I've exported the data with all three export options, but nothing is working. What am I doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Marco Duran
Re: Mocha - exporting corner pin & transform data
on Jun 4, 2019 at 7:01:31 pm

Hey Ellis,

I was just dealing with the same problem.

Quick fix is: make a solid, it'll match your sequence dimensions, precomp it, then paste the corner pin data to that precomp. Once you've done that you can then dive into the precomp, disable the solid, add whatever you want to show on the laptop screen there.

Also some useful tips:
"Use Transform Data when you would have normally used 1-point or 2-point tracking. That means 2D matchmoving, eg matching graphics to someone running.
Use Corner Pin when you would use 4-point tracking, eg adding something to a screen in the shot. Or you can use this for some paint jobs if you use the Align Surface too." - (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnHQp-y5yeg)

Hope this helps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]