FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mocha - exporting corner pin & transform data

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ellis Berman
Mocha - exporting corner pin & transform data
on Aug 30, 2018 at 8:28:18 pm

Hello,
I'm tracking a shot in Mocha. The shot is of a laptop with a green screen. The shot starts as a medium shot, then zooms in till the laptop screen fills the whole frame. Mocha does a perfect job tracking, but when I copy and paste to my solid in AE, the solid gets pushed to the right corner and doesn't fit onto the tracked computer screen. I've exported the data with all three export options, but nothing is working. What am I doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Mocha - exporting corner pin & transform data
on Aug 30, 2018 at 8:34:49 pm

If you're trying to use Mocha intuitively, i.e. you haven't run the appropriate tutorials, that would be a reason.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ellis Berman
on Aug 30, 2018 at 8:42:38 pm

Okay, Dave, I get it - you're the Simon Cowell of Creative Cow.
I have done a few tutorials and have been desperately looking for one that well help me with this problem. If you have a tutorial that you think would help me out in this situation PLEASE send me a URL. Even better, can you direct me to a forum that would be able to help me. This is the 2nd time you've basically told me to f*** off - not really sure where to go for help if these are the responses I keep getting.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 30, 2018 at 9:55:03 pm

If you're pretty sure you're using the proper Mocha technique -- which encompasses more instructions than is wise to put into a simple post -- there's an extremely good possibility After Effects itself is the culprit.

CC 2018 certainly isn't Adobe's most sterling effort, not by a long shot. If you can't pass the test to be the company IT guy and AE displays seemingly-unsolvable weirdness, it's a VERY long road to get it to function properly. It's not impossible to do, but it is painful and annoying bugs will remain.

I happen to work for the company that owns the most TV stations on Planet Earth. The tech-heads at the home office FORBID the use of CC 2018 on company machines. Thus, I run the final update to CC 2017 and I haven't had any problems. I'd recommend reverting to it. You can have both CC 2017 & 2018 running on your machine if you wish.

My guess is the bizarre behavior goes away.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]