FORUMS: list search recent posts

Track Points Got all Jumbled Up

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cameron Dozier
Track Points Got all Jumbled Up
on Aug 28, 2018 at 11:36:07 pm

I really do have a tough time working with After Effects, granted I don't do it exclusively for a living and I typically tackle tough problems in the midst of a project....

However, I've done a bunch of screen replacements, but having trouble with this one for some reason. Really it's just that all my tracking points reset themselves without me hitting Undo or something. just curious if you guys know why my 4 perspective corner pin marks just reset themselves, prior to me being able to use the "edit target," function. Trying to hit "redo," but they won't come back.

I can just re-track, but I felt compelled to post this to see why the marks I just set and tracked went bye bye like Animal from The Muppets.

Return to posts index

Simeon in 't Veld
Re: Track Points Got all Jumbled Up
on Aug 29, 2018 at 9:54:23 pm

If you mean they completely dissapeared this is probably due to the way you are viewing your project;
When you are motion tracking in after effects it opens the single layer in the viewer (the sourse/layer monitor) instead of the composition viewer in which you normally work.
It happend to me plenty of times that I accidentally switched to the comp viewer and my tracking was gone.

However, the tracking data (eventhough not yet applied) is always saved!
Reclick the track motion button.
Now go to the layer you wanted to track in the timeline and open up its properties with the downwards arrow.

Here you can reselect your tracking point(s).
optionally you can remove the new tracker created as you went back into the tracker window/view.
There you go!
Good luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]