FORUMS: list search recent posts

Seeking advanced After Effects course

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Orman
Seeking advanced After Effects course
on Aug 22, 2018 at 3:45:12 pm

Could anyone recommend an online course or video series for advanced After Effects? I'm aware of Lynda.com, so if that's the answer just let me know if there's a specific course anyone liked, as there are a lot of choices on there. (I used to have a Lynda.com subscription, which lapsed, and my employer would be paying for this. And I'm looking for the most intensive, thorough course I can find. I thought Lynda.com was good, but perhaps there are other good options as well.) I've used AFX a lot, but mainly for things like titles and maps. And I'm looking to upgrade my skills.

Much appreciated,

Neil

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Seeking advanced After Effects course
on Aug 22, 2018 at 4:00:57 pm

I don't have any "advanced" AE course specifically to suggest just yet, but, if you live in the US, you should check your local library. A lot of libraries will offer a Lynda.com subscription as one of the library benefits.

That said, what kind of work do you currently do in AE and what areas are you looking to improve your skills? AE is such a vast program that, if you want to start getting into advanced stuff, it's not general. Compositing, motion graphics, character animation, expressions, scripting, etc. are all very different areas. :)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Neil Orman
Re: Seeking advanced After Effects course
on Aug 22, 2018 at 4:15:45 pm

Thanks for the quick response, Michael, and your questions! I'm interesting in everything you named, but most immediately: I work at a science nonprofit, and get called on to make a lot of science animations and videos, particular related to space and microbiology. For one space-related video, for example, I wanted to make an animation of a satellite orbiting the Earth, which I don't know how to do in a realistic way. And for many science videos, I want to create animations from scratch (I have decent Photoshop and very basic Illustrator skills) that show a scientific process. So the most immediate need is those kinds of science animation-related skills. Other things that occur: animating slick-looking titles, both for people's names and the openings of videos, expressions, blending modes, and, in general, I want to use 3D in more advanced ways than the limited bag of tricks I have now. But those can wait if I need to focus. But if there is a more general, exhaustive course that covers a lot of these, I'd be interested in that too. Like I said my employer is willing to pay for this, and this is a long-term need.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]