FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it possible to edit a footage file path without replacing it, using javascript?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Siddhartha Nayanananda
Is it possible to edit a footage file path without replacing it, using javascript?
on Aug 20, 2018 at 5:15:34 am

I have a big amount of Ae projects that has missing footage problem. I already made a script to find and replace missing footages but still needs to go through PSD layers because I didn't find a way to script it to replace and link specific PSD layers. So

Is there any way we can edit file paths that saved in a project file? Without going through replacing them?
Like, Foundry nuke has a path section that we can always edit to direct it. sorry for bringing nuke to the discussion but could someone let me know? Thanks. Cheers!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Is it possible to edit a footage file path without replacing it, using javascript?
on Aug 20, 2018 at 2:30:17 pm

If you use File > Save as > Save a copy as XML, you'll be able to use standard text tools to search and replace file names in the resulting AEPX file.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Siddhartha Nayanananda
Re: Is it possible to edit a footage file path without replacing it, using javascript?
on Aug 20, 2018 at 5:41:49 pm

Hey Walter,
Thank you so much for taking time to replay. Seems like this is the only way to do this. Thanks again for the help.
Cheers!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]