FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to display individual layers of multiple Ai imported files in Ae timeline

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geoff Axon
How to display individual layers of multiple Ai imported files in Ae timeline
on Aug 14, 2018 at 10:46:25 am

Hi
When I import a multi-layer character designed in Ai into the Ae project window and than drag it into the timeline all the individual layers are displayed perfectly. However, when I drag a second Ai imported multi-layer character into the timeline it displays simply as a single figure. There are no layers and the only transformation options are position, rotation etc. Clicking on the figure in the timeline merely puts it into a second window with no opportunity to make its layers interact with the first character's layers. As you will have ascertained I am a relative newcomer to Ae and I can't find any tutorials on YouTube about this. If someone can help with this I would be very grateful.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: How to display individual layers of multiple Ai imported files in Ae timeline
on Aug 14, 2018 at 12:03:03 pm

Are they LAYERS in AI?
Did you save them as AI docs and not EPS?

Should work if they are actual LAYES in Adobe Illustrator.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How to display individual layers of multiple Ai imported files in Ae timeline
on Aug 14, 2018 at 2:09:08 pm

For some reason, a lot of people who use Illustrator don't know much about layers. You can make layers in Illustrator -- and you HAVE to make them if you want to import an Illustrator file as a comp with layers.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Geoff Axon
on Aug 20, 2018 at 9:06:15 am

Hi
If the first must-layer Ai imported figure displayed all its layers perfectly in the Ae timeline why would the second multi layers Ai file, whose layers were saved in Ai in the same format as the first multi-layer Ai imported figure, display as a single entity with no layers in the Ae timeline?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]