FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can we achieve something like this in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raj Sha
How can we achieve something like this in AE
on Aug 12, 2018 at 1:43:58 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am very new to AE and I have tried my best with every setting I could to achieve a similar effect with audio spectrum as shown in the screenshot below. Can anyone help me in how I can achieve something like this in AE? Do I need to buy any plugin to achieve this?

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: How can we achieve something like this in AE
on Aug 12, 2018 at 5:04:55 pm

Is it the lines simulating the audio spectrum that you want or the glowyness?
Guessing its the glowyness: that's probably just multiple copies of the original, some with blurs and probably one with a directional blur along the direction of the lines. Then screen those extra blur layers over the original sharp layer. Often too you can reduce the opacity of the original so its not perfectly sharp at the core. Vary the intensity of the blurs and opacity of the overlays until you get what you want.
For the blur layers sometimes you have to put a levels filter on before the blur. Crush the levels a little so the medium tones get pushed either to dark or light to reduce the fog density from getting to high everywhere.

Return to posts index

Andrew Somers
on Aug 12, 2018 at 9:13:18 pm

There are audio visualization plug ins built into AE, including audio spectrum. If you google "after effects audio spectrum" you'll find about a thousand tutorials.

And you can do what Steve suggests regarding the glow look. I'll add that I suggest being in LINEAR mode and using the ADD transfer mode to blend the multiple blur layers.

Andrew Somers
VFX & Title Supervisor
http://www.GeneralTitles.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 14, 2018 at 1:14:46 am

There are ALL SORTS of audio spectrum tutorials -- it's a hot thing for the kids. I have paid no attention to them, sorry to say. But I can not help but think you'll be able to 1) make a satisfactory spectrum and 2) get it to glow the way you want, given what you already know.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Aug 13, 2018 at 3:00:22 pm

make an audio spectrum...use the white boxes...use some random audio as a template..then stretch the layer...thats it

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]