FORUMS: list search recent posts

Having a hard time illustrating the Scripts

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Felipe Prado
Having a hard time illustrating the Scripts
on Aug 10, 2018 at 9:35:14 pm
Last Edited By Felipe Prado on Aug 10, 2018 at 9:36:49 pm

Hey guys, for the entire last year I have been illustrating videos for a company, and what happen is, every time I receive the new script, I go inside the script and stay there typing exactly how I am going to illustrate each part.

But often times I fall into certain situations that I HAVE NO CLUE how the hell I am going to illustrate that part, then I start getting really stressed out because I am not actually advancing on the job, making me very anxious because we often time have very short deadlines. The videos I produced are very dependent on illustration, meaning that I always must be animating each part to make the video look fun and interesting, part is animated based on it's keywords or context, I feel I spend too much time thinking instead of doing it.

Is there like any technique you can apply? Any book or video about this? Any suggestions?

Forgive me in case I posted here on this section of After effects, but I do all those animations IN After Effects, I looked the other sub forums and this looked to suits it the best.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
Re: Having a hard time illustrating the Scripts
on Aug 11, 2018 at 2:00:13 am

I believe this is just called the "Creative Process" Felipe. 😉

I can't begin to count how many times I'd have to beg the client or those making the calls for some sort starting point beyond the written script: a sketch, a doodle, a reference photo, etc. and it would be like pulling teeth or that you demanded their first born child. And these are alleged creative types in a visual fields! But it's going to be different for each project of course and I'm sure others will have different thoughts. My suggestion though is developing a repoire with at least one person of those calling the shots & diplomatically try to get them to think visually & convey any sort of notes. You never know when even the most abstract thing will trigger inspiration.

Either that or demand a LOT more money as not only are you doing the animation, you're having to SCREEN WRITE the material as well (a completely different process), albeit indirectly, & perhaps only in your imagination.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Having a hard time illustrating the Scripts
on Aug 16, 2018 at 4:34:34 pm

if you have ever tried to draw or write a cartoon show you quickly realize how limited your own internal library is. because we have never done it before..so look around at others

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]