FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to do this Black mirror effect on Premiere or AfterEffect ? (Link of the picture below)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joachim Le Sourd
How to do this Black mirror effect on Premiere or AfterEffect ? (Link of the picture below)
on Aug 10, 2018 at 1:14:46 pm

Hello everyone !

That's it, it's been several weeks that I search on the internet to find how to reproduce this effect (not the black mirror logo but the green and magenta bands) to reproduce on a video using Premiere Pro or After Effect. I've already tried adding chromatic aberrations using the Magic bullet plug-in, but that does not make it exactly that way. If you have tips / tutorials / advice I'm interested :-).

Link of the picture : https://images.creativecow.net/329212/img-1172.png

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: How to do this Black mirror effect on Premiere or AfterEffect ? (Link of the picture below)
on Aug 10, 2018 at 3:52:06 pm

Make a repeating gradient. (Grid effect with only vertical lines and then blur the heck out of it.)
Apply Colorama.
Apply Turbulent Displace.
Set the layer transfer mode to screen.
Use the luminance of the footage layer to drive the opacity of the rainbow lines (using something like Set Matte and then dialing it back perhaps?)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Joachim Le Sourd
Re: How to do this Black mirror effect on Premiere or AfterEffect ? (Link of the picture below)
on Aug 10, 2018 at 6:13:49 pm

Hey, thank you so much for the reply !

When i add the colorama effect it becomes weird, I don't know this effect, how can I edit the color that I want ?

And how can I apply the turbulent displace and colorama effect only on the vertical gradient and not on my clip below ?

Sorry if I use the wrong terms, After effect is quite new for me. :)

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Aug 10, 2018 at 11:29:21 pm

Those are called "Newton Rings" if that helps your search for a solution.

Can you make a gray scale element of the "bands" and do your colorama operation on that in a precomp and then bring that precomp into the main comp and use a Color or Hue blend function (one of the Overlay through VividLight modes might work too)

You could also make a repeating grad of that little rainbow pattern (think: "stripes", with space in between clusters of colors) and use the flomotion effect to warp space. You can have multiple nodes at the same time and stack multiple copies of the effect. Then comp that on top of your original footage either with an alpha (that you could warp with the same set up) or with a blend function.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]