FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cineware turns my video texture yellow

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shay Willard
Cineware turns my video texture yellow
on Aug 3, 2018 at 3:28:51 pm
Last Edited By Shay Willard on Aug 3, 2018 at 3:35:17 pm

Hello! I've searched many a forum for this answer, but cannot find what I need. I hope someone here can help!

I've made a fairly simple animation in C4D Lite of a cube spinning with some lights, etc. It renders out of After Effects just fine until I add a video texture to it (under colors in the material editor). In C4DL the file looks fine and renders correctly, and in After Effects it looks fine in preview - and then I hit render. About 15 frames into the render, the texture turns completely yellow and almost crashes the program (the render never finishes either). Then the texture looks yellow in preview until I restart After Effects.

I've tried rendering out of Media Encoder and the Render Queue. I've followed some of the other recommendations online and "saved project with assets," relinking everything - no dice. I've created new files entirely, all in the same folder on the same drive. Nope!

It's frustrating because it looks fine in C4DL, even doing a multi-frame render in picture viewer looks fine. The problem occurs when After Effects becomes involved. Does anyone have any ideas? Or can anyone suggest how to render directly out of C4DL?

Before -

After -

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Cineware turns my video texture yellow
on Aug 3, 2018 at 8:06:57 pm

Try converting your video file into something like a PNG sequence and using that in C4D instead. ;)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Shay Willard
Re: Cineware turns my video texture yellow
on Aug 6, 2018 at 3:50:48 pm

For anyone who finds this in Google, after various tests I discovered that using a .png sequence for the video texture fixes the problem. Happy hunting!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]