FORUMS: list search recent posts

Morph a video to another video

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Usama Sarwar
Morph a video to another video
on Aug 2, 2018 at 10:14:41 am

Hi creative people. I have two footages and i want to make a cool transition. I'm looking to give them a morph transition in which the first footage morphs into the second one. I searched and try different techniques but couldn't achieve the desired look. I also watched some tutorials on morph effect but they include shape or mask..

Any ideas !

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Morph a video to another video
on Aug 2, 2018 at 4:09:09 pm

Take your two video clips and put them into a new comp with the cut points exactly in the same place. Then give yourself a bit of head and tail on both clips and make them crossfade. (Animate the opacity of the top layer.)

Then, back in your main comp, put your crossfading comp in there matching up (so that the video files play at the same time.

Apply the Displacement Map effect to both of your original video clips.

On the first video clip, set a keyframe for the displacement amount in vertical and horizontal at 0.
Move forward in time to the point where the transition ends and adjust the value of the horizontal and vertical displacement amounts to the max amount.

On the second video clip (at the time where you want the transition to end), set keyframes with the displacement amounts at 0. Move back to the time of the keyframe on the first video clip and set keyframes for the same amount of horizontal and vertical displacement that you gave the first layer BUT NEGATIVE. That is, if your first layer goes from 0 to 100 in horizontal displacement, make your second layer go from -100 to 0.

Animate the opacity of the top layer.

You'll need to experiment with the timing and displacement amounts (as well as consider adding a blur to the comp that's driving the displacement).

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]