FORUMS: list search recent posts

Glitch when using Deblur

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Jordan
Glitch when using Deblur
on Aug 1, 2018 at 11:11:39 pm

Hello, I'm getting this weird glitch where part of the blue banner for "Analyzing in Background" is rendered in the image in both the working preview and the final render.

Here's a screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/L7QWV1y

The project is in 16-bit
I'm using warp stabilizer with detailed analysis turned on at 5% smooth motion, changing the method doesn't affect the artifact.Camera-shake deblur is set to 9 frames, high quality, and 120% strength, although changing anything but strength doesn't affect the artifact. Lowering the strength, reduces the artifact.

I've tried clearing all cache, restarting AE and the iMac, I can't seem to get rid of it while keeping the Deblur effect. Is there something I'm doing wrong or can anyone else verify if this is a glitch?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Glitch when using Deblur
on Aug 2, 2018 at 1:07:05 am

What, exact, version of AE are you using?
Have you tried clearing your caches?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Aug 2, 2018 at 1:07:47 am

I meant, clearing ALL the caches. I know you did at least the basic one.

- The Great Szalam

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Chris Jordan
on Aug 2, 2018 at 9:03:48 pm

CC 2018, I've cleared all memory and disk cache, are there other cache files elsewhere?

Return to posts index

Chris Jordan
on Aug 2, 2018 at 9:04:54 pm

Sorry, exact version is 15.1.1 (build 12)

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Aug 3, 2018 at 1:41:46 pm

Have you considered updating? You're missing a number of bug fixes in the recent update.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

Chris Jordan
on Aug 3, 2018 at 9:09:01 pm

I'll update and report back, thanks!

Return to posts index

Chris Jordan
on Aug 3, 2018 at 9:36:47 pm

Unfortunately, the problem persists. Are there any other methods of reducing motion blur on a stabilized shot?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Aug 8, 2018 at 1:05:32 pm

If you don't use Camera Shake Deblur, the banner doesn't show up, right? Warp Stabilizer works fine, right?

If so...maybe removing the Camera Shake Deblur effect, copying and pasting the layer into a new comp, and then applying a new instance of the Camera Shake Deblur effect will work.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Aug 8, 2018 at 6:04:56 pm

should have just done the obvious and rendered and imported that video clip

Return to posts index

Chris Jordan
on Aug 8, 2018 at 9:12:41 pm

"should have just done the obvious and rendered and imported that video clip"

It's not obvious because you need warp stabilizer to analyze the clip so that it can calculate the deblur, if you render with warp and then reimport and try to deblur you'd need to add another instance of warp stabilizer.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Aug 9, 2018 at 1:58:56 pm

[Chris Jordan] "you need warp stabilizer to analyze the clip so that it can calculate the deblur, if you render with warp and then reimport and try to deblur you'd need to add another instance of warp stabilizer."

Camera Shake Deblur doesn't need to work in concert with Warp Stabilizer. You can run it on a pre-rendered clip.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

Chris Jordan
on Aug 9, 2018 at 9:32:57 pm

So I tried pre-rendering with warp and then reimporting and adding deblur the blur banner glitch is now gone, but now there's another glitch that looks like black holes/tears in the image: https://imgur.com/a/lQU2j6f

Is the deblur effect in beta or something?

Return to posts index

Chris Jordan
on Aug 8, 2018 at 9:11:26 pm

Unfortunately, that doesn't work either. I've tried a new comp, new project, restart, etc.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Aug 9, 2018 at 9:54:56 pm

Honestly From the get go I had no idea what you were talking about. Never heard of DeBlur before...but i can guess what it does

Return to posts index

Chris Jordan
on Aug 9, 2018 at 10:18:30 pm

Yeah I didn't either before searching for a solution to a really bad motion blur problem. I was wrong about needing warp stabilizer on it before the effect, I was watching tutorials and all of them used warp in conjunction with deblur and swore one of them said you needed warp on it for it to work. Deblur works decently, when it actually works lol.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]