FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE Network rendering

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Karaba
AE Network rendering
on Jul 27, 2018 at 4:39:36 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to setup a render network in my office.

I successfully did it with two computers, but a third one has arrived today and is not compliant.

When I export my project to the watch folder (located on one of the computers), the first two computers fire up correctly, while the third one opens the project and then goes immediately back to watching the folder, emptying its render queue.

All computers are wired to a router through ethernet. The first two are linked to two Adobe accounts, the third one is in render engine only mode (already 4 computers in total on those 2 accounts).

This third computer is brand new, it has Sierra OS (while the other two have El Capitan and High Sierra), I installed the render engine with those instructions (https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/installing-after-effects-cc-render-engines-with-adobe-creative-cloud/), made sure that all three computers had the same version of After Effects (15.1.1), installed the necessary fonts and plugins, but without success yet.

I'm kinda clueless. Why does it open the project but not render it, like the others ?

Let me know if you need more informations !

And thanks in advance for the help :-)

Return to posts index

Thomas Karaba
Re: AE Network rendering
on Jul 27, 2018 at 7:42:52 pm

For the heads-up, I just ran into the same problem with the first two computers : the render engine loads the freshly exported project, and then goes back to watching the folder.

I am rendering many episodes from an animation series, with the same kind of assets/techniques used in each one. I am following the same procedure each time I assemble the projects for rendering on the render engine, but with the latest project, as I said, it loaded it and then skipped rendering.

Is this a known problem ? What am I missing ?

Return to posts index

Damian Dunne
on Jul 27, 2018 at 10:17:28 pm

hey just came across this.

We've been using RenderGarden for all our AE rendering lately. It takes full advantage of multi-core threading and easily splits renders across PCs and Macs (if config'd properly).

It's been a real find for us.

https://www.mekajiki.com/rendergarden/

be the ball

Return to posts index

Thomas Karaba
on Jul 30, 2018 at 10:27:05 am

Hi,

Thanks for the info, I'll look into it but I'm not inclined to spend more money ! ☺

I actually figured out my problem, while opening the project on the problematic computer. It was coming from a missing effect, Duik_spring, which is weird because I installed Duik, and it's working on all computers. Anyway, I rewrote the Duik expression with custom sliders, and then... Tada, the render worked correctly.

So any missing thing will actually cancel the render, which sounds logical. I still wish there was a message or something to tell me what's wrong.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]