FORUMS: list search recent posts

Continually rasterize causing OTHER layers to not be visible? Only on seemingly random comps with no obvious differences?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Hauser
Continually rasterize causing OTHER layers to not be visible? Only on seemingly random comps with no obvious differences?
on Jul 26, 2018 at 11:41:12 pm
Last Edited By Ryan Hauser on Jul 26, 2018 at 11:45:11 pm

One of the weirder rendering issues I've ever had, that's for sure. I have no clue when it happened, but at some point through my workflow a few compositions have layers that are not visible only when continual rasterization / collapse transformations is on a layer. Here's what I see. on the first picture, everything is displaying as it should. On the second picture, the hair & other supporting layers are 100% invisible while the lice is redrawn. While I can turn redraw off and the hair becomes visible again, the lice artwork becomes un-crisp and blurry, which for this project is unacceptable.

Between these two comps, the ONLY difference (as far as I can tell, at least) is the lice's initial position. I duplicated the composition a number of times to get every variation I needed, but now for whatever reason only some of them are working properly.

I would like to fix this rather than starting the whole segment over. Continual rasterization must remain on.

Return to posts index

Ryan Hauser
Re: Continually rasterize causing OTHER layers to not be visible? Only on seemingly random comps with no obvious differences?
on Jul 26, 2018 at 11:47:47 pm
Last Edited By Ryan Hauser on Jul 26, 2018 at 11:52:33 pm

Figured it out... To anyone else running into this post further down the line:

MAKE SURE your view is set to ACTIVE CAMERA, not FRONT as my composition was set. I don't know 100% the details as to why the layer just straight up disappeared rather than rendering as a 2d layer (as it should), but that was the issue. Cheers!

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: Continually rasterize causing OTHER layers to not be visible? Only on seemingly random comps with no obvious differences?
on Jul 27, 2018 at 4:41:00 pm

Front view, same as any other view but active camera is ONLY seeing 3d layers if at least 1 layer is 3D. It has no use for 2D and cannot see 2D. Think of these views as 3D viewers. Their whole purpose is to give additional view to 3D composites.

Roei Tzoref
2D/VFX Generalist & Instructor
♫ AeBlues Tutorials ♫
http://www.tzoref.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]