FORUMS: list search recent posts

(AE 2D) Render PC build. Your take on this config?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bas v Breugel
(AE 2D) Render PC build. Your take on this config?
on Jul 26, 2018 at 9:37:07 am

Hi,

I'm going to build a render PC which will have to command line render After Effect projects. So text and shape layers with expressions and mask. All background animations with heavy effects will be prerenderd on the workstation pc before send to this new render pc.
The videos will be about 10 to 15 seconds, 1024x1024 pixels. Most for social media uploading.

I've chose for a CPU with a high base freq, because from what I understand thats what AE uses to render. Amount of cores is not that important with 2D.
So CPU and SSD (and fast internet) would be crucial to render video, write video, and send the video quickly. For now I have 100mbit up and down, possible to upgrade to 500mbit.

• 1x CPU = Intel Core i7-8086K
  • 1x Motherboard = Asus ROG Strix B360-I Gaming
  • 2x SSD = Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
  • 1x RAM = G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3200C16D-16GTZR
  • 1x Power supply = be quiet! SFX Power 2 400W

• 1x Case = Thermaltake Suppressor F1
  • 1x Monitor = HP V214a
  • 1x OS = Microsoft Windows 10 Pro NL 64bit ESD

• Does anybody see bottlenecks or other suggestions? Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
    Re: (AE 2D) Render PC build. Your take on this config?
    on Aug 2, 2018 at 1:15:03 am

Do you have a GPU in that system? Some of AE's native effects are now GPU-accelerated and some third-party effects (Element, Red Giant Universe, etc.) run exclusively on the GPU.

- The Great Szalam
    (The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Bas v Breugel
    Re: (AE 2D) Render PC build. Your take on this config?
    on Aug 2, 2018 at 7:14:34 am

Hi Michael,

Nope, for now no GPU. I won't use those heavy third-party effects on this render pc. This list shows AE native GPU accelarated effects, also not that many which I will be using. And a GPU will probably use more power and a higher energy bill versus a very slight performance update on the projects that will be rendered.

Projects will be full of expressions on sourcetext and shape;s (graphs and diagrams).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
    © 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
    [TOP]