Want to learn more about creating futuristic HUDs

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathaniel Barr
Want to learn more about creating futuristic HUDs
on Jul 25, 2018 at 11:57:40 pm
Last Edited By Nathaniel Barr on Jul 26, 2018 at 2:42:07 am

Hello,

Recently I have been on a streak to learn everything that I can about creating cool looking futuristic HUDs. I don't know why, but it's just something that I have recently enjoyed doing.

I feel like I might have a good grasp on how to create basic 2D elements and composite and animate them with After Effects, but I would really like to incorporate some 3D elements and create a HUD somewhat similar to this while having it animate and integrated seamlessly with the rest of the HUD.

Are there any tutorials or classes that are specifically for creating futuristic huds with intricate 3D elements like the video above?. I've seen a few on Youtube that do incorporate Cinema 4D, but they mainly use very basic shapes to create the HUD. There's also a LearnedSquared class that teaches UI and Data Design by Ash Thorp, but the class looks like it's more about coming up with a concept rather than learning how to go through the workflow.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Want to learn more about creating futuristic HUDs
on Aug 2, 2018 at 1:18:37 am

That example is not that complicated. It just uses a 3d renderer of some kind. You could do it with Element with some tweaking, perhaps.

The complex part is the model itself. That would have to be made in a dedicated 3d program (or purchased from someone who did).

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]