FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trim Paths appearing script to shape layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bjorn Peters
Trim Paths appearing script to shape layer
on Jul 25, 2018 at 7:37:01 am

Hi All,

I've made a line with different Y values (graph line). I used a trim path animation to make it appear in a few seconds. Now I wan't to add a dot to every value when the line have crossed that point (see example link). Can I add a script to the trim path animation that makes the dots appear when the trim path crosses the value?

Like if the percentage of the trim path is on 10% (first value point) the dot have to appear.

Example link:
https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/3166662211006885/

Bjorn

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Trim Paths appearing script to shape layer
on Aug 2, 2018 at 1:26:10 am

You could do expressions that do that sort of thing, yes. You'd probably want to use the layer's index and some math so that you can use the same expression on all of the layers though.

That said, if there aren't that many points, animating it manually might be faster than trying to get an expression down! ;)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Bjorn Peters
on Aug 2, 2018 at 7:15:45 am

Thanks for your respond. If it just was 1 graph line, indeed it would be faster to animate it manual. But I have like 50 Json files with different Y positions, and I don't want to change the position 50 times manually.

Bjorn

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Aug 2, 2018 at 3:47:03 pm

The easiest thing to do would be to use the path functionality available in expressions. You can either make paths from point to point with the vertices tied to the dots. Or you can set the dots to certain positions along paths.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]