FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mask path keeps creating fill

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Rodgers
Mask path keeps creating fill
on Jul 24, 2018 at 7:14:12 pm

I am working on a write-on animation using an animated stroke and one single letter (o) keeps creating a fill instead of a stroke and I cannot figure out how to stop it from happening. There is no option available to turn off fill or stroke so it seems that it should only be using the stroke effect I assign to the mask path. I have never encountered this before and I'm going crazy.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Mask path keeps creating fill
on Jul 24, 2018 at 8:21:34 pm

I'm not completely sure of the technique you're using.

Are you using AE's Write On effect? The Stroke effect? Are you doing it with a shape layer?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joe Rodgers
on Jul 24, 2018 at 8:26:00 pm

I'm using the generate stroke effect (all masks selected) on a solid layer. If I don't close the mask the whole layer shows. If I close the mask, there is a fill in the middle of the O and everything else is hidden. For all of the other individual letters it is working exactly as it should but none of those are closed masks.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 24, 2018 at 8:42:20 pm

Look for a switch in the effect that says "on transparent" or something like that.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joe Rodgers
on Jul 24, 2018 at 8:52:45 pm

Thanks for you help btw!

I have done that already. The problem is that I am doing a reveal of a text layer beneath it (the solid with all of its individual letter mask paths) and the style of the font is lost as a single-thickness text, rather than as the font actually appears. I am using a luma inverted matte that "should" reveal the font as it actually is, not re-interpreted as a single-thickness stroke.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]