FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keying the green screen with lot of shadows

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Muaz Nikolic
Keying the green screen with lot of shadows
on Jul 24, 2018 at 3:40:00 pm

Hello,
I am having trouble to key the green screen because I have lot of shadows. Can someone give me advice what is the best way to key this footage.

12576_greenkey.mp4.zip

Also I am having a lot of noise in the part where the shadow is. What would be the best way to remove it because whene I key it out I get strange artefacts.
Thank you all in advance

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Keying the green screen with lot of shadows
on Jul 24, 2018 at 5:17:14 pm

It looks like the culprit is the blue channel. This is the problem with compressed footage being used as a source for the key, the compression adds noise to the noise already there from the camera.
But the green channel is quite clean (this is why we use green screen whenever possible).
So here's a file without the usual standard keyer that produces a better result and keeps the shadows.
Have a look and see if that does it for you. You will need to do a little work on the highlights and reflections, but these should be there so that you can pump color from the new background through them as though they are reflecting the environment.

12577_greenkey.aep.zip

Return to posts index

Ivan Phang
Re: Keying the green screen with lot of shadows
on Aug 2, 2018 at 8:52:01 am

That happens often whenever the green/blue screen video isn't clean enough for your software to intelligently autokey them. Under those circumstances, I will recommend masking them out manually or automatically if your software supports it. Good thing is this specific scene you've shown isn't complex, shouldn't be difficult to manually mask out the entire shot.

Helping clients attract Eyeballs!
https://luciddream-animation.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]